Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to go fishing today at IG again. The traffic sucked and by the time I got there I only had an hour and a half to fish so I decided to ride my bike in so I could stay past dark. I hit a hole in the path on the side of Peterson and crashed :roll: I smashed up my elbow bad and skinned my palm and knee. I was too bloody and had to go home without even fishing. My elbow is ugly but hopefully I can heal it without stiches. I also landed on my falcon rod and stradic reel :cry: The reel seems fine and the rod got scratches so hopefully it holds up.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Im kinda buzzed to kill the pain. I think it happened for a reason, I was getting soo pissed at the traffic on the way that I really almost turned around a few times. I kept flipping out at traffic and then got really impatient leading up to the accident. I wouldnt have even rode down the side of the road except a car got in my way exiting the lot on my bike, I usually ride down the center median.
Ill make an effort for fishing to be relaxing instead of a big hurried event from now on.

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok. Everyone runs into the similar frustrations when we are driving in traffic, stuck at the launch, or riding a bike like yourself. Its cool that you can put it in perspective. Sometimes I have to sit back and laugh at myself for getting worked up in similar situations. Fishing is supposed to be relaxing, regardless of all the outside influences trying to ruin the experience at times 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.