Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a trip to Lasalle and remembered that the last time i was there (last September) the local bait shop was closed for good. I was wondering if anybody knows were I can get minnows. I will be driving from Joliet. Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I live in Ottawa so I travel from the west....I would try to get your bait close to home and transport it with you.... I was there last Sat. and it didn't appear that the on-site shop was open....I'm really not sure what's between Joliet and LaSalle bait wise.... Good Luck... Maybe I'll see you!! caught some decent stripers, largemouth, and blue cats on crankbaits last sat.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was just at LaSalle last week. bought minnows (fatheads and large roaches) at JR's Pet and feed at 216 w Washington in Morris. I think they open at 8. If you're coming from joliet (I came the same way), you get off I-80 at Hwy 47 (about 6-8 miles before Seneca exit), and take that south to Washington St, then right about 3 blocks. To LaSalle from there, you go back up 47 to either Hwy 6 or I-80.

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
scottT said:
I was just at LaSalle last week. bought minnows (fatheads and large roaches) at JR's Pet and feed at 216 w Washington in Morris. I think they open at 8. If you're coming from joliet (I came the same way), you get off I-80 at Hwy 47 (about 6-8 miles before Seneca exit), and take that south to Washington St, then right about 3 blocks. To LaSalle from there, you go back up 47 to either Hwy 6 or I-80.
There ya go. I was always running into the same problem coming from Aurora. I had to buy minnows locally and aerate them on the drive down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.