Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
That place sucks ass. There is never a good reason to step into that shack. They are expenciv and they dont even give you all that you pay for. I don't fish with live bait unless I am forced to go powerlinin with Manny and Shakes.

Kurt

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Ill never go there again. I went last year and asked about smallies in harbors and the fat guy there told there were none. I told him I knew there were and he said yeah but they dont bite. What kind of idiot works at a bait shop and give advice like that?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
ok, you fools had nothing to say to answer the kid's question. if you don't can't contribute to the thread and answer the question, why bother???

hey kid, Park Bait is open right now. Hours are 6am - 4pm

·
Registered
68 Posts
mplant1 said:
ok, you fools had nothing to say to answer the kid's question. if you don't can't contribute to the thread and answer the question, why bother???

I was just there yesterday and they are only open till 2pm.

·
Registered
68 Posts
mplant1 said:
svslider said:
now hes gonna support that place :(
so what. its not a bad place at all. especially considering convenience of trying to find bait along chicago's lakefront
When I was a kid there used to be tons of crayfish along the rocks at the pier at Montrose but now there are very few. :? In fact I never had to pay for them because they were always there even soft shells. Just grab one and fish.

·
Banned
41 Posts
mplant1 said:

The place sucks and you should not give them your biz.

I have noticed before I joined that you chime in all of teh time and rarley contribuet anything of use.

You and Manny should go out fishing. You have much in common. Do you live with your mom to?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
KurtKaboom said:
mplant1 said:

I have noticed before I joined that you chime in all of teh time and rarley contribuet anything of use.

You and Manny should go out fishing. You have much in common. Do you live with your mom to?
Check PM - I'll keep my actual response off the boards. I'm sure that during your "lurking days" you've read my reports.

·
Registered
386 Posts
KurtKaboom said:
mplant1 said:

I wasn't going to get into this but I think it has come to the point where I'd like to inject my two cents.

Mplant1 has consistently given advice, put up detailed reports, and has helped people with questions. All I've seen you do lately is offensively talk about your two "friends" with poor grammar and politically incorrect lingo. I haven't really seen any proof that you're a fisherman, the only thing you've talked about here on these threads is that you powerline, which you just bashed Mplant for doing.

I hope I never have to have the displeasure of fishing next to you. I'm sure your friends are fine people and someone with a disability that lives with his parents getting made fun of on a forum behind his back from his "friend" really shows what kind of guy you are.

I don't want to get into an argument, but mplant really has just been a solid contributer to this site.

·
Banned
41 Posts
I do publilcy apoligise. I'm sorry. I was just joking around. I'm going out ot buy a new camera. So I will be able to post pics of my trips.

They won't be as nuce as yours Cam. Those a re vgery nice pics of foxes and shit.

No hard feelings. we are all out her to enjoy ourselfs and to learn about fishing. I fish alot and know alot of stuff that could help many out here.

I would like to fish with you at some point. We could leave Shakes and MAnny at home. No powerlining.

·
Registered
369 Posts
how does tightlining work? Ive always fished for salmonids with a Krocodile spoon, cleo, or spawn but ive heard alot of powerlining.
Cam said:
Thanks for apologizing, I hope we can just keep the reports coming and the friendships building. I like this site a lot and I'd love to see it keep going strong, free of quarreling. I'm sure our paths will cross sometime.

Tight lines man!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Too bad fuzzy's on Monrtose/ashland closed that was the only cool bait shop on the northside. I always go to Henry's but it's a bit of a hike for someone who is north of downtown.

I agree with the other folks, I really don't think Park Bait @ montrose harbor is worth supporting as a business. Other than the convienence of location they aren't helpful and aren't very nice about it either.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Cam said:
All I've seen you do lately is offensively talk about your two "friends" with poor grammar and politically incorrect lingo.

someone with a disability that lives with his parents getting made fun of on a forum behind his back from his "friend" really shows what kind of guy you are.
I'm not making light of this, but people who publicly make fun of people with disabilities really need to be straightened out.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=7129997&page=1

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.