Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All faux pas aside, here's the other side of the story.....

Haven't been around here in awhile, in fact it's been a dam long time. Guess you get used to the same old bull that is just repeated on all the other "boards", and complacency sets in like rigor mortis......

I drilled too many holes last night for sure. Blew through 4 batteries on my Milwaukee, @ about 20 holes per batt, yeah, I walked a lot too.... Just didn't seem like there was any real concentration of fish anywhere. ones and twos of small fish. They really wanted the glo jig though, and blazing! Neon red Genz Bug head with a glo shrimpo plastic, tipped with one waxy. Not a touch on the rosy red on a plain hook, neon red frostee jig, or even the head on a pimple or forage minnow.

Had a tip-up out most of the night, big roach on a pike rig, not even a false flag on that one.

Serious about next week getting to the other side of the lake.... well, after I fix my shanty...... :x

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thanks for the report Ed, I will not be back out on bangs until late ice for a reason ;) But I have noticed that the crappie size and population has decreased over the years, I remember being able to catch 10-12 inch crappies with an accasional 14-15"er. But thats how that lake goes I guess. It is heavily pressured and it's almost time to start targeting some walleyes out there, I'm sure you know where they roam at night ;) If not. there will maybe be 1 or 2 shanties out there at night if any... I look foward to your reports on here more often. Thanks for the report!

Wrench

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Matt. I signed up in '07, made a few useless posts, and forgot about this place. :oops:

Glad to see almost all the same gang here too, :wink:

FishinMatt said:
Hey Ed, good to see you posting over here. I see Darren once again followed in your footsteps and is over here as well. What are we going to do about that guy? :p :lol:
Take him fishing! :p He's been having rotten luck for the last few outings we've had, even I have been outfishing him. lol

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
156 Posts
SpecialEd said:
Thanks Matt. I signed up in '07, made a few useless posts, and forgot about this place. :oops:

Glad to see almost all the same gang here too, :wink:

FishinMatt said:
Hey Ed, good to see you posting over here. I see Darren once again followed in your footsteps and is over here as well. What are we going to do about that guy? :p :lol:
Take him fishing! :p He's been having rotten luck for the last few outings we've had, even I have been outfishing him. lol

:mrgreen:
Both you guys can Bite me! :lol:

Although Ed has the right solution to your "problem" Take me fishing!! :wink: Then you won't see me on the boards.... :p

Maybe we should try to get to the WCF ice outing on Geneva SpEd! I hear that FishinMatt may be there, with free beer for us all!!! I can score the ATV if we need it.....

D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.