Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about picking up one of those banjo minnow kits, has anyone every used them? are they like what the commercial says?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
i heard it's pretty much the same thing as flukes. infomercial sure does make it sound like you'll be catching fish after fish after fish. but it's an infomercial, enough said.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I just checked out their website, seems to me you could just buy a spring at the hardware store and fahion your own 'majic fish catching wonder'! Actually, perhaps it works, but 39 bucks for a kit? I think I can get a pack of springs for .99 cents that would do the same thing.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey roleplaya, I tried the banjo minnow kit about 7 years ago (I just threw my leftovers away this past week cleaning out my old tackle box)

Here's my opinion why you shouldn't get em...

1. Too many pieces (you need these little corkscrews that you screw into the bait + attach to ur hook + tiny rubberbands as a weedguard) It's a hastle.

2. They give you sizes and colors that you'll never use (hence... I threw mine all away)

3. If you lose the hooks/corkscrews/rubber bands it's a pain to get more and you basically can't use the bait anymore...

Alternatives:
Just get offset worm hooks and use Zoom Super Flukes, Bass Assasins, Slug-Os, or even Senkos/Dingers b/c you get to pick which colors you want and sizes that you need. They also have the same if not better action when you fish them and they're affordable.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
true, you could hook a slug-go up te same way and it looks like the same thing, ill stick to the good ole senko does the trick by me :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts