Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Banjo Minnow? I just got it as a birthday gift and haven't been able to get out there yet. I'm a little sceptical because it is an infomercial bait.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey RobBull, there's a post about 10 or so topics below this one titled "Banjo Minnow" as well. You might want to check that out. Here's what I wrote (I copy and pasted it almost word for word below)

I tried the banjo minnow kit about 7 years ago (I just threw my leftovers away this past week cleaning out my old tackle box)

Here's my opinion why you shouldn't get em...

1. Too many pieces (you need these little corkscrews that you screw into the bait + attach to ur hook + tiny rubberbands as a weedguard) It's a hastle.

2. They give you sizes and colors that you'll never use (hence... I threw mine all away)

3. If you lose the hooks/corkscrews/rubber bands it's a pain to get more and you basically can't use the bait anymore...

Alternatives:
Just get offset worm hooks and use Zoom Super Flukes, Bass Assasins, Slug-Os, or even Senkos/Dingers b/c you get to pick which colors you want and sizes that you need. They also have the same if not better action when you fish them and they're affordable.

I realize that you already got them as a gift, lol so atleast you didn't waste your own money on them. They DO catch fish though, I've had some luck on them but -- just not worth all the trouble.

Hope this helped

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I've heard the same report from others, that they do catch fish but the kit is not that great. I fish with a guy that has used them occaisionally and he did catch fish, but he caught just as many fish on other things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts