Chicago Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Okay here we go again. Lets try this one more time. For all you out there with the congrats and nice fish posts, thanx a bunch i appreciate it and i too thought it was a good day and thought it would be cool to post the pics and show some others as i have done before as well as have read many posts with awesome pics that i have posted positive and congratulatory replies on. And too all the naysayers (WrenchingnFishing) they were RELEASED safely and cruised away in a very lively manner and were never taken indoors. And WrenchingnFishing you were semi-right on the end of your post but not close enough. The grass one was on a "motorola," cell phone(decent guess though), and the picture "indoor" was actually taken outside, but near a building that we used as a background. And lastly for the "digital camera that i must have used indoors", it was my buddys digital cam and he showed up a bit later, which is why the first pic was on a cell phone instead. I hope this finally clears things up so we can get back to why we all posts on this site in the first place, to show our fellow anglers the good days(and sometime skunky ones) we have out on the water and hopefully help others out with a little extra fishin knowledge. Tight Lines!

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I am confused is everyone on this sight about catching and releasing? I come from a long line of fishermen who keep a good catch. Not saying I keep everything all the time. I am just wondering cus I see nothing wrong with keeping a fish if it going to be eaten. As long as its appropriate for consumption and is legal of course. Just wondering?

·
Registered
560 Posts
hello shannon. There are plenty of people on here who keep what they catch as long as they are legal. I dont keep anything i catch. Granted if I knew how to fillet a fish I wouldnt mind keeping a nice walleye :mrgreen: p.s. welcome to the site!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just really got into fishing last year and my dad has really helped me learn what is good to keep and what should be released. I think its interesting to learn how to catch then how to filet and cook it:) Thats just me....I wanna know what kind I like and what I don't. But its cus I am still learning:) But walleye is yummy I do agree! I wanna know where to go walleye fishing that's close. Anyone know?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Shannon said:
So I am confused is everyone on this sight about catching and releasing? I come from a long line of fishermen who keep a good catch. Everything legal of course. I am just wondering cus I see nothing wrong with keeping a fish if it going to be eaten. As long as its appropriate for consumption and is legal of course. Just wondering?
I'm a fish Fanatic and would hate to see a fish of a legal size or illegal fish even kept. I'm an all Catch and Release. It gives me a bigg attitude whe someone keeps a bass... I guess some people are just Retarded... Supposubly I am according to Steeda. But ots not to cool to keep a fish for 2/ Yoou do not see me keeping fish curing oper water. Ony time I keep some is through to ice. But Keep a BASS!!! WTF not that hurts!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I never had bass. But walleye is very good. I dont like to see people keep bass even when they are of legal size. If your bass is of legal size you have every right to keep it. Even if myself and many others dont agree. There are plenty of walleye in busse lake and skokie lagoons. Im not sure if i would eat them due to water quality.

·
Registered
560 Posts
also many people on this site including myself are catchnrelease fisherman. I never kept anything. I try to return the fish as unharmed as possible. I have a strong respect for fish. If you like to eat fish and they are legal it is your right to eat them. I am also a hypocrite because I eat like three cans of tuna a day :mrgreen:

·
Registered
560 Posts
no they are not endangered at all. It takes several years for bass to reach great sizes. In these parts of illinois 5-6 pounders are harder to find compared to florida texas where there are monsters. As sport fisherman we believe to release the fish so she can grow reach a greater size and live to give another person a chance to catch her. Thats just my opinion :mrgreen:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Shannon first off, what up and welcome. Next up ive eaten a bunch of wallies up in Canada and there awesome if done right. Also ive tried some catfish from a buddy of mine and didnt really like it, but ive talked to a lot of people who like em. Rainbow trout are pretty good as well, again if cooked properly. Lastly not sure about bass never tried it, but even though you can take them if legal size, like mine was, most people including me wont because they're more of a sport fish to most, than one you would eat, and its pretty frowned upon IMO. Really its up to you, but if you do decide to eat somethin' you catch you probably shouldnt post it, unless you want people to call you out and rip on you a bit. Tight Lines!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
It's a lifestyle, Plus for the release its the best part. This vid is not about bass, but may kinda show you the meaning of why us Catch and Release fisherman love fishing and would rather catch it when its bigger.

The end is the best part I think... The Releases :mrgreen:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.