Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
some guys have the best jobs in the world. anybody here have any aspirations of becoming a pro tournament angler? i for one would love to. driving around the country with my ranger trailing behind my truck, sleeping in sleezy motels and eating at restaurants called billy bob's steakhouse and catching some big big bass!! ok, back to work and back to reality. :cry:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Augy, if I could quit working tomorrow and join the tour, I would do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I still have to work to pay the bills. A friend's father started professional bass fishing last year.

·
Registered
341 Posts
There's millions of raffles across the country every year on random items. Has anyone ever heard of bass pro or any other events raffling off bass boats? If all the WCF members join a raffle once every few weeks I'm sure we can win at some point. I'll start googling it... Wouldn't mind having a WCF outing bass boat we can all share. Hell, maybe we'll win two?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have had the dream of going pro for a long time. I told my wife i wanted to be fishing pro at 40 that came and went then I said 45 that came and went then 50 that has also come and gone. I do fish a few local tournament trails but still dont manage to have enough time to be competive at it. I've been asked by Anglers dream to direct a tournament series on the Chain and I am thinking about doing it. The tournaments would be on Thursday evenings from 4 till 8 pm if I do it. If anyone is interested please let me know. I try to get out to the chain 2 nights a week to practice and then I'm out there all weekend most of the time. I will try to post the night before when I am going out and I will gladly take a guy out with me to fish for the afternoon or evening. You can still catch fish on the chain over the weekend but you have to fish the back waters and small creeks and channels that the bid boat traffic cant get into. As for my dream maybe when I'm 55 I'll get out there if not I'm still having fun now.

·
Registered
421 Posts
That makes about 17 people that are interested I am in the process of trying to get a launch ramp lined up. Anglers Dream will handle the insurance and permits if it happens I just have ot organize and control the events. I have a tentative schedule made up the first Thursday would be April 5th and there are a total of 13 tournaments for the season June 7th will be the mid season event and I am planning a BBQ for all the division fisherman at my trailer on Lake Marie. If you finish well in the season there is a tournament of champions Sept. 29th and 30th on Muskegon lake in Muskegon Mich. As I say there will be more details this week I hope.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.