Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ice fished Bass Lake earlier today from 11:30am-3:30pm... Between 3 of us and 9 tip-ups, we managed 6 flags and landed 5 bass. We used Large Roaches about 1-2 feet off the bottom, It was a decent day. But I will have to see what a full day brings me into tomarrow. Depth fished was mostly around 6-14 feet, We covered a lot of water and it payed off... Good Luck out there guys, heres some pics...

---Tight-Lines---

My Buddy Mike with a Decent Bass...

My Buddy Keith With a Bass, Notice the scar on it...

Keith again with another Bass

Me with a Bass...

Then me with the biggest Bass of the day...

ALL FISH WERE OFCOURSE RELEASED :D

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Bass lake right by west branch correct ?

Does it allow any Small boats in it I've never fished it but have fished west branch with the biggest being 4 1/2 lbs I literally seen some of the bass that feed off the rainbows in there. I'll see if i can find the pics.

Beautiful Fish Nice Job and i commend you on your catch and release Efforts..

You are in my eyes "THE MAN" :D

I know you'll come back to check the responses to this post, And I for one think you should stick around more. Love the report and pics.
keep them coming

George

:D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
George, Thanks for the response and comments, also yes its by west branch, but you have to park soo far now since they put up signs that you can not park on the side of the road anymore. Also, I think you can not put boats in bass lake as I have heard... Maybe you can carry a canoe down, but if I were you... You are better off verifying it with the Dupage Forest Preserve since that would be your best and most accurate answer. Also to answer another question, I will be sticking around for sure buddy! :D Take Care George and thanks for the Response! :D

---Tight-Lines---

PS: George I forgot to add, West Branch is a great fishery!!! I have caught a few 22" bass out of there with many 18-20"ers and my buddy got one at 23", we were guessing almost 7 lbs. Sometimes we will have to hit it up with some jerkbaits or something sometime. I fish all these forest preserve waters all year round and mostly target Bass but will go after Muskie and walleye accasionally, im just hooked on bass after I started tournament fishing a couple years ago with my buddy Keith for the ILBF, but have always chased bass since i was a lil youngbuck. We target lots of football size smallies on Lake Michigan. It is always a blast, Maybe I will see you at the WWD sometime for some Bass, I might throw some LuckyCraft jerkbaits there in about a month. I will let ya know.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Awesome sounds good.

We'll have the boat in busse's main pool a lot this year as well as skokie lagoons.

We'll definitely meet up/cross paths one way or another.

I added your aim.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Great job out there guys.

George boats and floating tubes are not allow in Bass Lake. You dont need a boat to catch fish there the name of teh lake spreaks for itself. There are bigger bass in there than Deep Quarry. These are my two favorite lakes to hit after work. The topwater action is just the bomb there just before dark.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, it was alotta fun... Im heading out right now, but I do not know where yet, I will give you the report for bass lake on the 24th Later tonight, and a report for whichever lake fish Today. I will have the report up around 10pm tonight since I will be busy after fishing. But thanks guys and lets catch some fish!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, it was alotta fun... Im heading out right now, but I do not know where yet, I will give you the report for bass lake on the 24th Later tonight, and a report for whichever lake fish Today. I will have the report up around 10pm tonight since I will be busy after fishing. But thanks guys and lets catch some fish!!!! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.