Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was a week long trip to my home town, then up to a cabin in Northern MN.

The fish total :

Brown Trout : 17 (biggest 15")

Rainbow Trout : 6

Brook Trout : 2

Smallmouth Bass : 6

Largemouth Bass : 11 (biggest 4.5 lbs)

Northern Pike : 48 (Biggest 32", 9lbs)

Walleye : 2 (biggest 24")

Well, she was a productive week, I produced fish from all waters I fished, which were 3 different lakes and 4 rivers. Got 48 northerns and 10 of my Largemouth in my KAYAK (thats right RonG!!)

It was a blast. Here are a few photos.

Out of the 92 fish, 89 were released, many were handled in the water and were never taken out.

One of my Kayak Northerns. 48 northerns in 4.5 total hours of fishing :) so much fun. X-Rap is my new favorite bait, its amazing to work one of those so hard and just get the northerns smashing it, I had one actually jump out of the water and hit the lure in the air. Almost tipped the yak over because it startled me!

Not the biggest, but on the bigger side of the Largemouth Bass I was catching.

More Northern action.

The smaller walter I kept, my family had one request and that was fresh walleye, lake was still cold, had to work hard for the 2 I got.

Trout stream smallie.

Little stocked bow.

My favorite fish shot of the trip with my new net, 14" brown that never left the water, caught and released from the net with no stress to the gills.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
damn. can i come with next time you go home???? 8)

i haven't caught 48 pike in my entire life and you got that number in less than 5 hours!

out of curiosity, did you harvest any pike? i think they taste just as good as walleye from those northern waters where they are plentiful. wouldn't recommend doing it around IL, but yeah up north catch an eater sized pike 25-29" or so an enjoy! shore lunch!

thanks for sharing the pics. this was a good read

·
Registered
369 Posts
awesome trip cam. you gotta tell me the name of those lakes and streams. looks like you got a nice walleye for your picture project too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.