Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with a buddy and hit over 30 bass in a 1-2 hour period with me and my buddy. We mostly threw Scum-frogs as that was the #1 ticket. I thew a Sammie with no-avail. Wen't to a chub bug and nothing happend. Once I switched to a depps Buzzjet I picked up a few more. The weather was beautiful. I may be going tomorrow.

Heres just 1 pic as we only had little time until it sun down. We tried fising in the dark, but it was tough.

Heres a pic of a couple bass. This was during a deable header. It was a Great time I can tell ya!

Thanks guys

As you all know me well enough to I am all catch and release.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rootpro6 said:
Is this the same place im thinking of that we both know of?
Keith, haha I have only showed 1 other person this place. It is like a flooded swamp. Full of muck! A long hike thru some nasty nasty crap. It's so long of a hike I throw all my gear(waders, jacket, extra socks, tackle, drinks, etc) In my Camo Duffle Bag just to hike back to where we gotta go. Then I hang my bag in a tree so if anyone ever did come across it. I would see them trying to get to it. It was about a 40 minute walk threw tall grass and cocktails over our heads until we finally reached our destination. This has been one of my only and biggest secret kept lakes. Many people know my other lakes. But I never brought up a words of this one. :wink: You always have to keep one or 2 for yourself...

The Best Part is that there is NO signs that say no trespassing or fishing :D I have been going here wadeing for over 6 years now with no problems and only saw 1 guy at 1 time and he was a runned down bum just walking through the watwer with his cloths on and all! :shock:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice work wrench. I know exactly where that spot is, and am bringing my bucket out there every day this week... :lol:

Might get out Thursday in the prowler. Weather pending. We'll see how the lake with the hill does this week! Hopefully no more wind!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL, D... No you don't. Trust me! 8) :lol: It's was more north than me... and you gotta watch out for the gators!!! :lol:

Haha, just playin'

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yami Master said:
Looks like you found a nice HAWG hole great job on the frogs.
Thanks Yami. Yes it is a hawg hole. Wait until I put up a report soon with a Hawg from that area. 8)

Thanks for ther comments guys. wading is always a blast especially ripping them outta logs and reeds n stumps. I lost a pig last night that wrapped around 4 or 5 trees. I went in after him and he broke off.

·
Registered
369 Posts
great day out there. you wouldnt mind giving up the spot? Im only seventeen, c and r only. I just want somewhere fairly close where i can go get some fun and easy fishing practice.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dedfisher said:
great day out there. you wouldnt mind giving up the spot? Im only seventeen, c and r only. I just want somewhere fairly close where i can go get some fun and easy fishing practice.
Sorry Man, I really can't. I lost a few other lakes of mine just by telling 1 person. I can't take that risk again. Hope ya understand.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Nice work Dave. That spot looks like a keeper. Topwater fish anytime of the year is epic bro, I'm jealous bigtime.

I don't blame ya for keeping it on the DL, hidden gems are hidden gems for a reason........ lets keep it that way!

LOL this post gave me an idea....... We should start a "My secret spot could kick your secret spots a$$" thread.

- Only 3 rules:
1. Ranking is based on numbers of gamefish caught from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 that are of ILDNR "legal" size.
2. Said fish must be photographed to count.
3. If another WCF member finds your "spot" you forfeit your totals to that angler, and that spot is DQ'd from further entries.

:twisted:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.