Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was sitting around the house today and got an offer to hit a new pond I never fished. So I Grabbed a couple rods and headed out. I had no clue it was soo damn close to Schaumburg, we were there within 10 minutes. I tried a Watermelon Senko up in some current areas from the channel flowing in and didn't get a strike. So I grabbed my Pitchin Stick and fliped a Black and Blue football jig 3/16oz with a Chompers Trailer up in some timber near by, whack! Line runs side-ways. It was just dead weight! I hammer this fish thinking its a solid fish according to how heavy the strike was. A Schoolie then comes flying at me, almost hitting me in the face. Luckily I just grabbed the line and she didn't go flying past me or get injured. Anyways, I got a kick outta that. But by the end of our 4 hour excurson. I only managed 7 Schoolies and my buddy managed 4. My buddy didn't start catching fish until he started pitching a jig.

I Didn't care for this new lake besides the structure. The Garbage was just horrible. Also had a word with another guy and his 18 or 19 year old kid keeping bass. :roll:. He was Hopping from log to log... Atleast after a few words he got mad at me and dumped the cooler. :lol: It didn't take much... All In all. It was a good day, but no Biggens! :x

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Still good to get out Wrench. Have not had a fish fly at me on a hook set in many years, but still remember what that is like...Duck!! :shock: :lol: Nice job on catching the line, can't say I ever thought of that while ducking for my life... :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.