Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddy Max made the trek out for a couple hours for some more swamp bass fishing. We lost more fish than we caught. :oops: I Lost a Hawg as I set the hook. The bass shot straight at me as I casted to the left. I did not get a good hook-set as when he hit it. He was bolting right at me and I was up past my waist in water just about. It was a long cast for a nice hook set too. It just all went wrong. As I was fighting him. He was thrashing and pulling drag and went right into the weeds. I went in after him and fell into a mucky hole that almost took me under. The fish popped the Hook. My buddy lost a few nice ones do to the same thing. I guess 14lb Triple Fish Flouro is not doing the trick. I want to go to braided. But when I did last time. I noticed less amount of bites. The cold front might have had to do with the shitty fishn' We stayed after dark. I had no clue where my Senko was ending in the dark. Thumbing the whole cast was the key big time. Tress and reeds were the problem in the dark. As all we fished was Senkos and I used a texas rigged helgramite. The texas rigged helgramite is what I lost my big bass on. Funny thing it is that I told my buddy this will get me the hawg. First cast with it is when I lost that Big Girl in the reeds/cat-tails/ or as I like to call them as we are jokeing around "cocktails". We ended up getting all of our fish on Watermelon with red flake 5" senkos on a 3/0 Gama hook. It was a fun time. but conditions were tough. I tried out a new pair of waders. Now I have 3 pairs! :shock: :lol: I still love my orvis waders the best! Screw hodgeman! They suck for comfort, I would never be able to wade all day with hodgeman waders. Then they cramp up your ankles as well. All In all, I ended up with 4 bass and my buddy unded up with 4. It should have been a 10-12 fish day each for us with all the fish we lost. But that is fishn' for ya. Also I tried to get close enough to go play with a beaver. But he wanted nothing to do with me :lol: . I also Came across a goose nest. Luckily the mother was not there. I am working on the rod storage/holder to go on my back to carry at the least 4 rods and at the most 6 or 7. I will be at The Home Depote this week buying materials. I hope it works out. Well here's a few pics that we took. We could have taken more pictures. But we had limited time of fishing to get in.

I might hit up another swamp I just found. The worst part is getting stuck in the muck.

Time to do some more fishing. But today I am taking the day off. :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Still nice to get out and play tho eh?
Yeah Hodgeman sucks. I get a pair every year and by the end of it I usually have a leak in my crotch......well the waders have the leak. Anyway I hear ya!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mplant1 said:
when is an 8 fish day considered a tough day?
When they were all dinks and no hawgz! :lol

It was a tough day for me since I usually whoop my buddys ass when it comes to bassn' :lol: I'm just playin'

Tough day with more fish lost than caught ;)

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rootpro6 said:
Nice fish dave and friend. I would take that day any time
You would take a minnow any day! haha j/k Keith, we gotta fish again sometime soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.