Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if B & B is on their spring time hours? I've called several times but get a recording that list their spring time hours but never get an answer.

On a side note for the first time in a LONG time Gander did not count out my fatheads. I probably got 6-8 dozen when I asked for three. Would much rather give the business to B & B though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am not sure when he is opening. He had talked about closing but I don't think he will. Gander gave me two extra minnows because it "looked like I had a couple of floaters in there". I can't wait for Batavia bait to open back up.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
I spoke to the owner last October and things weren't looking good. The bad economy and construction at that location has really hurt business. I'll see what I can find out.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jason,

Somebody said they drove by and it was locked up and no more signs. That construction made it a pain to get to his shop. Sucks to lose another small quality shop!

Anyone, know of any bait shops around this area i.e. Dekalb, sycamore, Geneva etc.? I really only fish live bait early spring so I guess it doesn't screw me up too bad. Need to get my bait tank going for the next couple weeks and shoot north to grab several dozen.

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
Nathan, the only one I really know off in that stretch is Gander. There is Freemans in Yorkville right on the river, but that is probably too far out of your way. Also Budzers bait and tackle in Sandwich is a nice shop. The owner Lance is one heck of a guy.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked some fatheads up from Gander the other day. They DIDN'T count them probably gave me eight dozen or so, I asked for three. NICE! Usually it's one, two , threee etc. hate that! Their bait always dies off quicker though even in very cold water.

The bait I have might last me another month if the fishing doesn't pick up. Hoping the last few days put the water temp in the mid forties. It was 37.5 in STC on Sunday, I'll post a report tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
What's the name of the place just north of 88 on the west side of Rte. 59. I forgot the name but they sell bait. I'll think of the name.
That's a shame that BB & T went out of business if they did. I would stop in there occasionally and pick up some minnows. Couldn't beat the location in general since it was right on the river. It did suck tho once they threw up those fences it was over. You couldn't access the river from the shop and that wasn't too bad a place to access. Sucks.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Hey Bassman are you thinking of Riverside Sports (or something like that ) on the east side of the dam? That place closed from what I understand. :cry:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Crap didnt know that i live closer to randall so I go to Gander wow small bait shops are getting to be a thing of the past. Talking to people at those big stores who have no clue is getting rediculas

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Hoffman said:
riverside did go under a couple years back.
I could have sworn they were open mid summer last year when I was there. Although I did not go in to see. Maybe that was two years ago...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.