Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from fishing the river this afternoon with my 6 year old son. We had our afternoon cut short after someone stole my tackle. I was 30 feet away from my minnows and tackle and the guy walked past my stuff. I didn't think anything of it until I lost my jig and noticed my tackle gone. I saw the guy well and I know exactly who he is. I can not believe that someone could steal tackle from a guy teaching his kid how to fish. What a complete ***hole!!!! We did catch 13 before he stole my stuff.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
That really sucks! :evil:

Happened to me about 2 years ago when I left my wading bag on shore.

Some goofy kids shorefishing took off with it and if I ever see them at the river again they'll be getting a crash course in wading the hard way. :twisted:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that. I left my car unlocked one night about 9 years ago and I had planned on making one more trip out to it before going to bed. I got sidetracked and forgot. The next morning I came out and found the car door wide open and everything gone. I lost over $1000 in fishing gear.

I really feel your pain. :(

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I've lost gear too bud due to crooks. I don't wanna get into it. But I wish ya catch him. Do me a favor and before the police show up, give him a little piece of your mind ;) I caught the blacks that stole my tackle and i called the police, they could not do a thing about it without my reciepts and proof. What black fish's with a Loomis and a fenwick Rod along with a few more. "Not to sound racists" But I've never seen it' He said he bought it at Sport-Mart to the officers. The officers had to detaine me from smashing the mother F*rs Skull into his own damn Piece of shit car. I was about to slam the Mother F*r si dann bad, God does it piss me off now! Larry can vouch for me on this one, im sure he's heard it. I'm sorry about your loss and I wish you the best of luck buddy. I hate hearing about this shit, but it happens and thats the way it is. I'm not trying to be a dick about saying thats the way it is. But letting you know its hard to recover gear unless if you put it into your own hands next time you see him out there :? Just don't do something I would. Dont get arrested over it dude! It's not the first time its happened to me...

Sorry again and I hope all is well and that everything works out Bunker. Take care and please give that crook a piece of mind! Just don't go to far. we don't know how people are these days... IL is shitty about carrying a concealed weapon, but other stated its legal, what a bunch of crap. But crooks dont obey the law, so please be careful!

Dave

·
Registered
400 Posts
It seems the law was only put in place to protect the criminals sometimes. I have heard on several occasions about homeless people commiting minor crimes to sit in jail for the winter with their free meals and tv. Glad my tax dollars pay for that. I spent about the next three seasons eyeing every guy's tackle box on the pier; looking for the markings that I knew would only be on my box. I thought if I ever saw it I would push the guy right into the lake. I finally just gave up. I learned to lock the car twice every night. :wink:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Dave,
One of my best fishing buddies is a black guy and the quality and quantity of his fishing equipment is second to none. Loomis, Legend Elite, Kistler, TDZ, ect. ect. Oh yeah, and he is the best fisherman I know too. And I worked part-time at the Markham Ed Shirely's for a couple years. You'd be surprised the different kind of equipment that people bought.

But I understand your point and feel your pain. I would be extremely mad if it happened to me. Good fishing.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
That is a sad part of our society. No respect for people or their property, it's a shame.

Hope you see him again, and maybe be able to get your stuff back or compensated.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you nail his ass.

In 1986, I was bank fishing the Illinois River on Dee Bennet Road right before you cross the bridge to your left and we were partying and casting for Whites. I walked away from my friends down river a bit with a plastic box that had twisters,spinners,small cranks, etc and left the box away from me a bit and started casting for whites busting minnows up on the surface when i look in back of me and see 2 men walking back up to the road and notice my box was gone so i start hauling ass after them. By the time i reached the road they were in there car and i told them give me my box back and they said they dont have it and left. I went back to my friends and told them so after we fished for awhile more we left and went to the i believe Seneca police dept and gave them a plate number and they basically could not do anything but we did see after they ran the plate where they lived. Robbins, IL. Now at that time i had no idea what Robbins was about and was told you dont want to be playing around over there as we were going to inflict major damage so i decided to just let it go.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do yourself a favor. For INSURANCE (homeowners/renters), as well as POSITIVE PROOF of ownership, put all your rods against the wall, maybe even take a piece of cardboard and write "PROPERTY OF BILBO BAGGINS" on it (or Frodo, if that's your wife's name for you -LOL) and take pictures of the rods, and reels , including close-ups, so you can read the labels/lengths/ models on both,and the name placard. Also with a fine tip permanent marker, write your name (or initials...) on the rod(YOU know where it is on the rod, but the SCUMBAGS don't even see it. I scribe my initials on the reel seat's bottom ,so if I catch someone (LET me catch someone... ) , and they pull that "I bought it at blah blah shit", I'll just unscrew it, flip the reel over, and the cops will be hauling whats left of them off to the hospital first, and then to jail. remember... TRUST NO ONE... :shock:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Bunker25,
I am sorry to hear that your gear was stolen. Some people just don't have any respect for other peoples things. I personaly have never had my gear stolen, but I have been robbed before, so I know how violated you must feel.

Dave,
Thieves come in every race. I myself own high quality reels and rods; Kistler, Shimano, Quantum, Johnny Morris, and I have never assumed that someones race determines what they can afford. It's unfortunate but we do live in a crazy world.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Bgbass29 said:
Bunker25,
I am sorry to hear that your gear was stolen. Some people just don't have any respect for other peoples things. I personaly have never had my gear stolen, but I have been robbed before, so I know how violated you must feel.

Dave,
Thieves come in every race. I myself own high quality reels and rods; Kistler, Shimano, Quantum, Johnny Morris, and I have never assumed that someones race determines what they can afford. It's unfortunate but we do live in a crazy world.

Sorry, I should have rephrased it. It was some ghetto guys basically and yea they were fishing the pond close to my home. I basically got into a fight with them, about 5 more of there buddies showed up, but the type of people they were, they wouldn't buy any rods and reels like they stole from me. They were using them upside down and my bait caster was all backlashed on the ground next to them, but some rods that were stolen from me were not there "They prolly left some back at there house". I tried showing the officer pics as I ran home to grab my license plate number off my truck that they were stolen out of. Then I grabbed a few pics of me holding bass with the a couple of the rods n reels in my hand. Sorry if I came off that way, I am just angry about it, and every time I think about it. It gets my adrenalin going as im about to go sky-diving. It just pisses me off. Sorry for coming off like that.

But how often do u see a Ghetto baggy ass jeaned PERSON with a T-Shirt that goes past his knees and to his wrist Fishing with a Loomis!

I'm gonna leave it at that.

Dave

·
Registered
563 Posts
I thought this was gunna be a post about a fish that may hove stolen a couple lures. I wish it was, it sux to hear a story like that. Any way I have always dreaded someone stealing my tackle bag. We all know how much $$$ gear is worth these days and how much a fisherman loves his fishing gear. If I were a thief, I would be afraid of stealing from a fisherman because I know how I would react if I cought some jacko tryin to rip my stuff off. :twisted: I also know most fisherman carry knives. If I busted some jackoff messing with my tackle bag, it would be hard for me to hold myself back. Id probably go midevil on their ass. Id rather they steal my car, my wallet, or even my girlfriend, just don't [email protected]%k with my tackle or ill go ape s#!t! :evil:

Does Geico insure Fishing tackle?

·
Registered
400 Posts
[quote="Id rather they steal my car, my wallet, or even my girlfriend, just don't [email protected]%k with my tackle or ill go ape s#!t! :evil:"

LMFAO :lol:

I love the girlfriend part; too funny! 8)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.