Chicago Fishing Forum banner

BBQ on Ice 03/01/08

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  WrenchingnFishing 
#1 ·
A bunch of friends and I got together to do some fishing and grilling out. We had a great turn out and fishing wasnt bad either. Gills and Crops where popping all morning. Bite shut down around noonish so we fired up the grill and had some bacon wrapped venision, steak and brats. It was my first time trying venision and boy was it good.
Apparently after our bellies were full so where the fishes cause the bite died. The fish would chase the jig on the drop but wouldnt commit. I was unsure if I was reading the vex correctly but upon asking some of my more experienced colleagues they confirmed that they were getting the same. All the gills where healthy and fat I dont think I saw a dink gill all day. This lake/pond has been known to produce some 5lb LMB, big cats and 2lb+ crappies, but this was the biggest crop of the day.

See less See more
#12 ·
Thanks guys it was a real blast, I always thought that ice fishing would be boring. Its actually alot more fun than I expected. I hear that monkey calling me for next year, alot gear to buy.

Islandfisher, we should get an WCF BBQ going, I would be up for it. You gotta teach me how to catch those monster ice pike. :D

NPIKE check ur PM we are booked Brotha.

Heres a shot at the grill, and no we didnt eat the duck :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.