Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update was he didn't make it :( , they weren't sure he was out there fishing. I was just making the comment to kinda create awareness of how easy it is to misjudge the safety/thickness of ice in the early part of the season. Even if you do get out and find safe ice, any rain or 40 degree days can change it quick too.

·
Registered
421 Posts
God Bless him and his family my prays will be with them tonight. Guys treat walking on ice like walking on sharp glass if your not sure dont take the chance. I love to fish but I also love to live some gills and crappie arnt worth a Life.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Thats sad he didnt make it. I have heard of kids coming out of the ice after hours and eventualy being ok. A paramedic once told me "your not dead untill your warm and dead."
I like to wait till i see vehicles out there. At least atvs and snowmobiles parked around. I cant see how some guys go on 2 inches. I wouldnt be able to relax! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.