Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just was wondering about how some of you fisherman out there
rig your berkley beast and sweet beavers. I have been fishing them
weightless and sometimes 1/8oz bullet weight any other prefrences on how to fish them.. they have been pretty effective for me so far

·
Registered
383 Posts
Are ya usin the small ones or the full sized ones?

I usually use Smallie Beavers strictly for trailers on jigs, but you can texas rig them as well -- my friends use them for smallie fishin in rivers all the time.

For the full-sized sweet beaver and power beast, I use a 3/0 Superline Gamakatsu hook and a 1/8 to 1/4 oz bullet weight depending on how slow I want the bait to fall and how windy it is outside. I use 3/16 most of the time though for almost all my texas-rigs, especially cuz I'm fishing from shore and don't need to get my bait too deep.

I love these baits though, I caught my personal biggest largemouth on em' last fall on a black and blue fleck beaver texas-rigged.

good fishin! :D

This is the exact rig I used when I caught my personal record last fall, I used a 1/8 oz cuz I guess she wanted a real slow fall :D

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention something I just learned recently, don't forget to split the tail of the sweet beaver. (I didn't split it in the above picture b/c I didn't know about it back then) but it provides a lot more action and a fluttering when the bait falls. I don't think the power beast have to be split though.. I have a bag of them, but I stick with Reaction Innovation Sweet Beavers b/c you get more in a bag for cheaper and they're real nice

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use them both but they are very diffrent in my opinion. The beavers have a much more eratic action while the beast tends to glide when it falls. I use the beast when pitching under docks and other structure because it tends to glide under the structure. I like the beaver in rivers because it offers more movement due to the current.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.