Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 5-7:30. Just gorgeous weather. Lots and lots of anglers fishing the south end. Worked my way from the south to northeast tip with chatterbaits and senkos. First and only fish just northeast of inlet off green pumkin chatterbait tipped with chartreuse trailer. A 14" bass. Worked all the way to the north point with only a couple bumps.

One guy caught a 20"+ largie right next to me while I was working my way north. What did he catch it on??? El cheapo walmart special spincast combo with a crawler and bobber. I'm like, unbelievable. Here I am spending all this money on quality tackle, $6 lures, premium hooks, studying and learning all the techniques I can get a hold of, and here's this guy fishing for panfish pulls up a ginormous bass that I have been after for the past two years at Beck. Too be honest, I was in pain when he pulled it up. I was screaming inside. Oh God, WHY???????? LOL He let it go after taking a couple pics even tho his girlfriends telling him to keep it. Phewwwwwww!!! I respected that and congratulated him on a super catch.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I hear you Augy. I have several St. Croix rods, Pflueger reels and hundreds of dollars worth of tackle. It's frustrating at times when that happens. Over time we will catch more fish, but when it happens like that it can make you angry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts