Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather was perfect wind 5-10 from the south, sunny, 80's

Fished 5:45pm to 8:30pm

Aris and I took the Bass Tracker out for some summer time top water Beck Bass.

Fishing was slow. Aris got 1 on a perfect cast under a tree limb on the east side of the island on what else?....a pop-r.

I got 2 Bass on Jitter bugs. Not the biggest of Beck bass but we had a good time.

Meet a few guys at the launch with a big inflatable. :shock: They reported catching a nice pike and a huge snapping turtle.

There were some monster snappers out tonight

·
Registered
654 Posts
I brought my little boat out there yest morning from about 7-11. Had a hard time finding the fish. My buddy hooked up with a 12 incher on a tube jig on the east side of the island. I caught a couple of 13's on a senk near the island. Missed a decent one due to setting the hook with a loose drag.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice job out there boys. I would be scared of puncturing an inflatable with a fishing hook.

LOL, when I was in high school I used to throw an inflatable in the NSC up in wilmete by the expensive houses. :shock:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was more worried about the huge snapping turtle I hooked. When I brought it up by the raft, it tried to bite the thing. I thought for sure we would sink right there! We tried senkos and bass assasins out there too, and no luck. Everything we cought hit on hard lures.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol..thanks guys ...yup .... 45 today.....feel like 28 :wink:

Always will....age is a state of mind.

Until the body tells me otherwise

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.