Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twoglasseyes and I fished Beck early this morning for a few hours and got the skunk. It was the first time ice fishing for both of us and we spent the first hour or so just messing with our tipups. After that we moved around and looked for spots with weeds using the aguaview. For the last hour we jigged a few different holes using tiny jigs with crawlers and waxies; sadly no bites :cry:

We didn't catch anything but it was a lot of fun jigging with the tiny ice fishing rods.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I was very upset once I woke up today and saw the wind speed, ended up cleaning the house instead of attempting to fish. U r definitely braver than I. I am jones'n havent been out in almost a month. :cry:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I spent the day at WOW it was very cold and windy. It was the first time on ice that a saw a guy trollong in a shapell.(LOL) the wind was cold and strong the the fishermans hearts were warm and stronger, I managed to get 3 little perch 3" to 6" but it was still a great day. Brent and his crew did a great job again. If you havent gone to a WOW event mark your calendars now for next year always a great time and its for a good cause.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I went back out saturday afternoon and sunday mornimg to give it another chance, but got skunked both those times as well. When I went back on sat after noon I brought my skates and did recon on the entire lake. I was disappointed to see that where a shelter had been earlier, some jerk had left 10 blue gill on the ice. I cannot imagine why he would throw then on the ice and not put them back. Anyway I tried a few feet from the frozen gills and by the deeper spot north west of the island and got nothin. It was very interseting hearing the lake pop and groan. I never felt anything through the ice, but it sure was loud.
The ice is getting close to 12" in case any one was wondering. Because I was bored, I stopped by Belleau on my way home and drilled a hole. Belleau (9-10") is not quite as thick as Beck, but ifigued that was because its a little deeper. I want to give the ice another try next weekend with fatheads, but I need to come up with an idea to keep them from freezing!!!
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Culprit said:
Until the weeds come back in the spring Beck will be very tough
Good point Aris. I was surprised when I droped the aguaview down and didn't see any structure at all. Next time I go I'm going to spend an hour or so just drilling holes and looking for structure.

And yeah, it was really cold out there!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
first thing is that it's way easier to skate with a stick than it is without. the stick acts as a balance and also a third leg if you need to lean on it.

second thing is, there's not much to hockey. it's soccer on ice. pass the puck...shoot the puck.

third, we all suck. no wayne gretskys here.

you should give hockey a try since your doing laps around beck. :mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.