Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2glasseyes and I ice fished the hell out of beck today and caught nothing. We dropped the aquaview through about 20 holes throughout the lake and only found one spot that held some weeds. We talked to people who fish there a lot and they told us they haven't caught anything all year! One guy said in ten outing the two of them had only three tipup flags go off!

If you're thinking of trying the Beck Ice; wait a week or two. I think the cold temps and lack of weeds have put the fish to sleep.

P.S. I guy reported that someone was catching crappie through the ice at big bend. We tried it for an hour but got the skunkeroo.

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Last summer, after the weeds were intentionally killed off, I remember one Beck regular saying that that would completely ruin ice fish fishing this year. Seems as though he might have been correct.

I do remember though, that there were still plenty of weeds all the way on the north and northwest side of the lake.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
When Augy & I fished Beck in october the lake was completely devoid of weeds ,just a few strands were left on the shoreline.

I don`t know why they do such a complete weed kill on this lake. :(

Hopefully when the weeds come back in spring the fishing will improve.

I drove by Beck today around 3pm and saw some ppl fishing on the north tip of the island and the southwest end of the island.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.