Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first time fishing beck, fished for northerns a while with my dad, with no luck though, so i changed to a small twister tail on a jig, on the third cast i got a small bass, it had one eye, the other on must have been gone from some one else who caught it. then i got another tiny bass. then i fished by the cattails by the launch... got one crappie after another, i caught like seven crappie.moved down a bit, caught two good sized gills. hooked into a big crappie but it came off :evil: , the crappie jumped and spit the hook. it was a good 12 inches :shock:. it was a good first expiriance, i have a new favorite crappie lake :D

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Good outing Prince! Glad you got on some nice fish. Northerns can be a little tough to target there as the population is rather low. I've tried a few times by casting large spinner baits in the north bay. But I usually get bored after a while and switch back to targeting bass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.