Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temps about 70, light south winds, mostly cloudy, fished from 4:40pm - 6:05pm.

Worked mostly spinnerbaits, a chatterbait, and a couple of crankbaits. Was hoping for a northern pike or a big bass. Was not to be.

There were a couple of big splashes near the island and some away from shore, but none near me.

Still was nice to be out this time of year with such great temps. Hate the early sunset though! :evil:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Yeah there are always big spashes by the island. A lot of decent bass have been cought out there. I was there a couple days ago and i saw a jump right by the edge of the isalnd, I had to rub my eyes in disbelief. A big carp had jumped right by the edge and got caught hanging from one of his gills on the green plastic fence thats like 20 inches high. It took him a good 10 seconds to thrash free. :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
ya i was out on beck today and tried for some northern with bucktails and a few big honker spinners and i got a huge hit prob a bass... was a huge thump and must not of wanted somthing that big but o well someone has to try and its cooling off gota get all the good season fishing in till. ice fishing which prob wont be that great this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.