Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Beck Lake from 6:30pm - 8:00pm. Temps in the 60's; clouds and sun; SE winds 10-15mph.

Well, I got the skunk, but the news isn't all bad. Spoke with several others who either caught fish today, or in recent days. Confirmed fish today were a 19.5" bass, a 14" bass, and a 18" northern pike. Not by me, but saw the results. Also learned that the pike action has been really good.

Could be another good year for Beck Lake!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
You will get them next time Jay!

Rember, your Jason Norris... You don't even need bait to catch fish! They will Jump in your boat soon enough. :p

Thanks for the Report and water temp. Soon,you will hammer some bass! Though, Beck is tough right now.

I start to fish Beck once the buds on the trees start to flower and bloom. After that happens. I noticed over the years it is not an early spring lake. You will get em next time!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Good stuff Jason. Thanks for the info. Beck is always a nice time even if you don't catch anything. I would have been out there yesterday, but I decided to do some work on my trailer instead. Lowering it to make launching there easier, and giving it a fresh coat of paint. :D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
junglejim said:
Temps. in the 60's, I think he means air temp. not water temp. Culprit, jj and I were down the road at Oakton at the same time, nothing doing there.
Yea, that was my bad... Jay already told me in the Chat that the water temp was 46-48 I believe.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
JasonN said:
Minus 1's are producing well at Beck right now, as well as Rat L Traps.
Thanks Jay, I was outside and noticed the buds are starting to come in on the trees. With a week of weather like this, they should Bloom fast! It should get really hot this week, I noticed the past week it started picking up really well. Go get em man!

Gotta Love the Baby 1 minus... For some Reason I hate the Baby 4's tho :?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Too bad on the skunk Jason you will get them next time! I think I saw you just as I was heading toward the boat launch. Ran into catch n release, another WCF member, it was good to meet you and I'm sure we'll bump into eachother again sometime.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.