Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished for a couple of hours today with the crazy weather. Managed 1 11" bass on a minus 1.

Then I go to the car to wait out the rain. Had 2 poles leaning against the car while in the car. Stupid me drives off, forgetting about the rigs. Go back a half hour later and both are gone. WTF!!??

So if anyone happened to pick up a Daiwa baitcaster and a spincasting rig, they are mine. Hopefully someone picked them up with the hopes of getting back to the rightful owner.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I hope you get the back Jay. I recieved a phone call a bit of ago of BassProMatuk that he left Beck Lake around 2pm I believe. He may have seen someone accidently grab them or etc... Hopefully he reads this post.

I wish ya luck with getting your gear back.

I feel your pain.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey Jason i was out there as well with the wife and kids and my buddy Alex well we all got the skunk but when the rain started coming down we went to the car and as luck would have it we found your gear sitting there in the rain my buddy Alex actually req that i post the find and ask for a description to make sure we get the rightful owner but as i logged on and saw your post , that is exactly the gear we found daiwa baitcaster and spinner rod and reel, sitting there in the rain, :shock: although it does look like you ran one of them over on your mad dash to safety :lol:
so no need to worry we will return it to the rightful owner, im sure shaw grigsby would appreciate it :D
If weather permits i'll be out there at becks tommorrow again, and will have it for you, unless your around the northside of chicago call my cell 7736809028 i'll be up for another hour or so !

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right on man! Thanks SO much! The way I had them leaning on the car I had a feeling I might have run them over.

Much appreciated my friend. :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
I love happy endings. I ran over a flyrod on wet sod last year. Pushed it in so deep thought it got stolen or picked up. Rescued it 2nd time back there. Reel was toast but rod seems fine after hundreds of fish.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
That's great news, Jason. It's makes you realize how many people are logging on to this site. 10 years ago, this would not have been possible. Another positive note for the WCF community. Kudos to fish-man-flow as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.