Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has it really been a month since my last visit?! I guess so.

Anyways... fished from 6:20pm - 8:10pm; mostly cloudy/overcast with a little sun; east winds calm-5mph; temps in the 80's and humid.

I LOVE fishing in conditions like this! Except for the minimal east winds - the water was mostly glass but very stained (don't dig that).

Started all the way on the north shoreline and got a small largemouth bass on a 4" white Slug-go right against the weeds. They have likely done a weed kill as the mats of weeds that extended from the island to the east shore are all gone. But the shoreline weeds are still there.

I worked the hell out of that north shoreline with a variety of lures but there was just no action. Saw almost NO topwater action happening the entire time.

Finally got around by the parking lot and had a decent fish on with a Berkely Power worm but lost it in the weeds. This was a NICE fish!

Very disappointed in the action at Beck Lake tonight. Those damned weed-kills really screw up the habitat.

But again, a lovely evening and sunset. :?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I'm glad you made it out Jason, sorry I didn't make it. I was late getting home and the radar made it look like it was going to rain all night. It's good to see that you got a bass though :D .

The weed kill sucks overall but it is easier to move from spot to spot if you have a boat now. Besides with the recent news it sounds like the Cook County Forest Preserve has a lot of $h*t on their hands with the recent farm report coming out of Barrington hills :shock: .

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No kidding!

BTW... I thought I saw Augy with a backpack of Miracle-Gro diving into a fox hole to avoid the forest preserve cops. And the 7-11 by his house (and Beck Lake) is all out of rolling papers! :shock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.