Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 6:15pm-7:40pm; mostly sunny; hot and humid; temps about 90; light SE winds.

I was the only one out there. The water was very stained - and I mean VERY stained. Why the hell was it like this?

Started off by walking all the way around the lake, past the north shoreline to the trees on the west shoreline. Threw several baits including 6" Slug-go's, 5" Senko's, spinner baits. There was virtually no action at all.

Wound up with a true skunk. Sure... I didn't stay around until dark, but this lake was not going to produce this night.

And like Augy was saying in an earlier post, the goose shit is absolutely everywhere! What a shame - a beautiful forest preserve lake but forget about bringing the kids or having a picnic because goose shit is out of control.

Time to give Beck Lake a break for a while. And the water quality was atrocious.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well i was at long lake yestorday and i was out and we used tourney frogs and buzz baits and wow first action of the year on them so ya im gonna try to hit up beck today and use somebuzz baits out from my canoe... well just have to see what happends.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.