Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally an outing after the flooding. And DAMN does it get dark early now!

Fished from 5:50pm-7:15pm.

Worked spinners, the ShadMaster and some jigs. Had one bass attack a spinner in the northwest corner right by the shore, but she missed. And that would be it for this outing. Skunked.

Got to meet fish-man-flo who was fishing with his wife and daughter. Nice to meet ya dude!

The water was still fairly muddy and lots of the shore was still quite wet. Hopefully in the next couple of days things will pick up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got skunked there the other day. Throwing pretty much the same stuff. Though the shadmaster i have swims so much to the left that it jumps out of the water... So annoying, thats number two that i have that does that. Do you know whats up with that?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Good try anyway! Next time for sure.
Kilroy, about that shadmaster, do they have a split ring to tie onto? Maybe you remove that and tie striaght to the loop, and see how it tracks. I know I get ticked off at the spilt rings catching sideways a lot on some lures. If it still tracks bad you can sometimes bend the tie on point with pliers to correct it.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
If the Shad Master or any crankbait for that matter tracks to one side, you need to "tune" it by bending the eye in the direction that you want the lure to go. :wink:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I went out to Beck on Monday with my former little boat w/my neighbor and we got skunked. Neighbor had one blowup on a topwater frog but never set the hook. Fished from about 9A-1130A. I was all excited too because we were able to access the area by the flooded timber on the S/W side. Saw a few boils on the water but nothing bit.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Don't feel to bad Jason, I was out there a couple of days ago and also got a hit on a Jackal Giron swimbait. It was a nice size bass that hit but I pulled the triger to fast and missed him, after that nothing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
hey Jason it was nice to meet you too as well , its beacuse of this great web site that i was even able to find beck lake , a job well done!
It was a beauty of a night , i got skunked but my daughter Ashley managed a nice 12" bass on a little , not to mention like 20 blue gillls, beck has been a real gem this year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.