Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never posted pictures before on online forums, so I thought I'd experiment with a few pics I took from Sept-Oct, 2005 at Beck. Hope this works and that y'all like them.

This one is from my avatar. It was about 18-19, caught on a spinnerbait.

My biggest LM bass so far, a 20 incher, also caught on a spinnerbait.

Even when I get skunked, the scenery at Beck is still worth the trip.

Hopefully, I'll have some pics to share from this year in a month or so ;-)

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Those are some nice fish! I haven't really fished Beck that much, even though I live only about 4 miles away. It looks like I need to spend some more time there.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Nice pics Fan!

Yeah... Beck is a beautiful place. Even in the winter I try to stop by a few times just walk around. Just gotta be careful of the dog sh1t though! :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
phil said:
Nice job! What kind of spinnerbait are you using and how are fishing with it? Thanks.
Thanks, phil. I've only been using the cheap $1 spinnerbaits (tandem, as oppose to rooster tails) from the Walmart on Touhy Ave (they sell them individually from a box under the crankbaits), so I don't feel so bad when I lose one on a snag or line snap. Both willow leaft shaped blades and round (Colorado-style) blades seem to work, depending on how much vibration you want to create (round blades = bigger vibs in water). Some people prefer copper/gold colored blades instead of silver ones, but I haven't tried the copper colored ones often enough to notice any difference.

The colder the weather, the slower I retrieve the spinnerbait. I recall having a little more luck fishing them over rocks and weed beds closer to shore instead of tossing them as far as possible.

For more than you ever wanted to know about spinnerbaits (my favorite lure), you can check out http://www.bassdozer.com/articles/crawf ... imer.shtml.

Good luck!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JasonN said:
Nice pics Fan!

Yeah... Beck is a beautiful place. Even in the winter I try to stop by a few times just walk around. Just gotta be careful of the dog sh1t though! :D
Thanks, Jason. I agree about Beck's natural beauty. Too bad some people disrespect it by leave trash behind. As for the dog sh1t, I'll have to tread lightly in the future and watch where I set down my gear ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts