Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a gorgeous day to be outdoor. Fishing from 5:10-6:00pm at the south end. With so many people around, I was not sure if I could catch anything. I left my buzzbait at home so I tried something different. After several casts of J-13 (gold color) without anything biting, I changed to an old crane bait (about 3.5", white body with red tip). My first several casts were terrible because I got "birdnest" on my reel. I spent quite a while trying to untangle the line, and didin't pay much attention to what was in the water. Then I felt a strong pull and it turn out to be a big LMB. It measured about 17.5" and it was probably the biggest LMB I've ever caught. I had left my camera phone in the car so I had to let it go without a picture. Wow, mysterious Beck does hold some treasures. I will definitely try again.

Vincent

·
Registered
341 Posts
Nice catch man. Congrats, i recently caught my biggest lmb at beck a few weeks ago too. Its my new favorite spot since its so close to where i live.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Congrats on the catch. There are some good quality bass in that lake, but not quantity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts