Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temps in the low 80s, overcast with slight drizzle. Fished the south and east sides of Beck today from 3-3:30. The weeds are still around the entire shoreline, but they've dried up some, so it's not too bad. Tossed a white/charteuse chatterbait and shallow diving crankbait, but had not takers. I'm thinking about waiting until late september or early october before hitting Beck again... but will probably be too busy with school by then.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Yeah, Beck is not the best place to fish with all the weeds right now. I like to fish the Glen now.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I dont think u can evaluate Beck by just fishing it for half an hour.
Beck usually starts crankin late august.
hopefully i can get out there sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Culprit said:
I dont think u can evaluate Beck by just fishing it for half an hour.
Beck usually starts crankin late august.
hopefully i can get out there sunday afternoon.
I totally agree, Culprit. I guess with the rain, I just didn't have the patience this afternoon, and because I wanted to hit the Chicago River for a little bit too.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
no doubt it's a tough lake but there have been reports of 22" bass out of Beck. it's the reason why i keep going back.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
This spring I had the pleasure of talking to a guy that has fished Beck since it's inception. He told me of the numbers and sizes of fish he caught at Beck. There are still some big bass and northerns in there, but they are limited in numbers.

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
toothdoc,

That is the feeling I get from there too. Limited numbers of quality fish with lots of pressure. I am sure that the right day could produce some dandy fish, but it would probably take some incredible luck or lots of man hours to be there when that happens. I used to live close so it was easy to stop by and take a few casts.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Beck has been a honey hole for me for years I got a 5# out of there Like Culprit said it starts cranking in August Theres a nice weed be on the north side of the lake that holds good fish

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Fish on the stringers were released,my son was just scared to hold them.

he`s learned to hold them now lol.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Aris, those are some nice fish man!

I love the hats too dude, especially the Midwest Outdoors and Power Bait ones hahaha old school fishing apparel is so awesome.

haha... the famous bass-pattern Pop-R as your avatar.. lol

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Nice fish. I knew there were some nice fish in there. Now I just need to find them!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Many many stories I have heard about beck. Its nice to see some pics of fish taken out of there, gives you some incentive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts