Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 10am-12pm not even a bite. However, didn't get any bird nests and only one small backlash on magnetic setting of 7. Big improvement from last weeks try at the new reel.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
What were u throwing ?
or should I guess ? lol.
what reel do u have ?

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Gither03 said:
However, didn't get any bird nests and only one small backlash on magnetic setting of 7. Big improvement from last weeks try at the new reel.
Small victories can make for a good day also :wink:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Daiwa® Procaster® PT100-4Bi Tournament Baitcast Reel. Got it from bass pro last weekend. Was throwing the obvious 1/4 ounce rat-l-trap and 4 inch senkos.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Keep at it,soon u`ll love that baitcaster more than spinning.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what i remember (my rod is at home) it came with a bass pro shops graphite series 6'6'' medium heavy.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
good all around setup. if your able to cast 4inch senkos without too many hiccups, your doing quite well.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Augy. You know what i realized the biggest mistake i was making? I was not casting with the reel's handles facing upwards. I kept throwing it into the ground last week because of this and of course backlashing like crazy with the lure stopped dead and reel still spinning. I also noticed it was easier casting without any backlash if I didn't stop at the 2 o'clock position on the backwards movement. It definately helped using the rod's potential energy with the cast.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
yup, if you have the room, swing that thing as far as you can behind you before you whip it. also, when you finish the swing, it helps if you actually point your rod where you want your lure to go.

that's funny how you casted with the reel facing down. how on earth did you expect to stop the spool when the lure hit the water. i'm sure you figured that out right quick. :mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts