Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much to report here boys. Similar to the other guys that made it out on Sunday, Saturday was slow as well. Though there are some live weeds coming in out there, they are WAY behind years past and the slow action is the result in my opinion. The water is also much clearer than in past Springs. Anyways, fished from 5:30 till dark all over the lake, primarily eastern and northern shore. Got 1 small bass and 1 decent 11" crappie on a minus-1 & husky jerk, respectively. Lost one large bass next to shore on a slug-go in the northwest corner, and missed some taps on a jig & power leech (crappie/walleye?). Beck is coming along, but I'm getting frustrated by how far behind it appears to be. Normally by now I'm having 10-20 fish days w/ a few 4-5 lb'ers under my belt and some pike & big crappie to boot. Oh well, just keep plugging along. Good fishing.

Alex

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
The problem with the weeds is definitely playing a part in the slower fishing that people have been observing there. Hopefully things will pick up. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
401 Posts
actually the lake i fish regularly has been extremely slow as well this year, when usually by now im hitting 20-30 fish days mixed between crappie and big bass. The water level is up like 3-4 feet from last year and I attribute this, as well as the weird screwy weather to the slow fishing. we had that week of record setting 80 degree temps that probably heated the fish up, and then it got cold again for two or three weeks and now its warming up again. this weird cold weather front that moved in for a couple weeks here has em all messed up. another week or so of this warm weather and things should be back on their normal path for the year.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Thanks for the report Alex. I don't know why I like Beck so much. The fishing there hasn't been good to me as of late but there is some kind of magical beck charm that makes me go back time after time.

maybe these pics have something to do with it.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I saw many many fish on the fish finder Sunday. They were staging in 8 feet of water along the weed lines. They have not moved up yet and were just not very active Sunday. They have to eat sometime :mrgreen: I'll be out in the boat this summer as Beck is my target lake this year. Do or Die....LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I WAS AT BECK FROM 7 AM TIL 1 AND THE BASS WHERE HITING ALL DAY CAUGHT 6 LG MOUTH 3 OF OVER 16 INCHES OR OVER YOU CAN SEE THEM GETTING READY TO SPAWN RIGHT OFF THE SHORE SOME OF THEM WERE HUGE BUT THESE WOULDNT EVEN HIT MY BAIT AFTER TOSSING IT RIGHT IN FRONT THEM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.