Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Beck from 2-6pm yesterday, windy but warm with water temps from the low to mid 50's. Threw spinnerbaits most of the time and cranks, spinnerbaits worked best. I caught 7 total with three nice ones. Fished the island and guess what I saw again?........Yep, another goose caught in the stupid green fence! This time it was a baby, looked like a little yellow cotton ball. I cut it loose an it ran straight back to its nest without any injuries.

...this little guy took a 1/2 oz. spinnerbait

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice Bassin Rich, It looks liek Beck is finally starting to heat up really good. It's finally that time. :p

Man, That netting has got to go! Maybe somehow you can e-mail the forest preserve pictures and show them those pics of the last goose and this youngin. Maybe they will do something about it. :?

·
Registered
92 Posts
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Look at the baby goose.

Nice job Rich.

SkunkedAgain said:
Great report Rich! I think the DNR has that netting there to keep the geese out of the wooded area on the island. Not sure though.
Yeah that island is a refuge for the geese, and the fencing is an attempt to block them. If you ever walk on it, 80% of it is covered in goose shit. I hate those damned geese, DONT FEED THEM. Some lady at Beck gets scraps from Hostess every day and feeds them there. You can see some of them are overweight and now have visible joint problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.