Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked out Beck this morning. It's 99% frozen, so looks like no fishing there for a while. The ice did not extend to the shore line, so I assume that ice fishing would also be impossible or very dangerous.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
That's how it looked last Saturday. I would have been very surprised if the ice was completely gone. The weather today will help, but it is still going to take a lot more warm weather to completely melt. Don't take any chances going on that ice. It is not safe! I would recommend the warm water discharge at Busse. I know how you are feeling. I want to get out too. I got some new equipment for Christmas that I can't wait to try out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
toothdoc said:
That's how it looked last Saturday. I would have been very surprised if the ice was completely gone. The weather today will help, but it is still going to take a lot more warm weather to completely melt. Don't take any chances going on that ice. It is not safe! I would recommend the warm water discharge at Busse. I know how you are feeling. I want to get out too. I got some new equipment for Christmas that I can't wait to try out.
You're right, toothdoc. Don't worry, the thought of going ice fishing myself never crossed my mind. I went by the discharge at Busse for a while today and did manage to get the a little bit of the fishing bug out of my system, even though I didn't catch anything. At least it was nice to get out a enjoy a beautiful day.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I was at Beck for a little while yesterday afternoon. There still was some ice in the NE and SW parts of the lake. The middle was open water. I casted for a while but didn't even get any hits.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the update, toothdoc. With the weather cooling down a bit after this weekend, I guess I'm going to wait until at least early Feb before heading out to Beck again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts