Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big mouths & lil mouths are doin their dance. Mostly males on the beds now. I've been looking for deeper water near spawning locations for the females that have spawned out already. Some reall nice fish over the past two weeks, looking for somethin along the lines of what Mr. Jones caught last week :shock: That was a nice pic of a nice fish. I like to see elder folks with nice fish, they've usually earned it more. Got the new moon phase coming up this weekend. I'll be along the lakefront 3 out of the next 4 days, changin over to larger profile crankbaits & grubs. Anyone interested in joinin me drop a pm

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I had some luck at Diversey about 3 weeks ago. Several small largemouths.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been hittin all the harbors from montrose to burnham. I have one's that I prefer more than others but that's not related to the fishing as much as it is the crowds. I'll have some pics up soon!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doods, go find you a quiet little spot that has some erosion rocks piled along the shore/wall and drag a 3-6 inch grub/lizard/worm on an 1/8th-1/4 oz head(I prefer gamakatsu jobee hooks) along the outside edge of the rocks. I prefer mixed colored plastics with chartruese being the key color as long as it isn't the dominant, i.e., pumpkinseed body/chart tail. Casting parallel to the outside edge works well too. Dragging/bouncing the bottom was necessary as well. They're hot to trot right now fairly close to shore!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I'll post this public. For anyone that's interested I have a group of guys I meet up with every wednesday evening for some lakefront bass action. Been mostly me and one other guy but every tuesday we make our plans as to where we're gonna meet up(usually dictated by the wind direction). Anyone interested shoot me a pm. I'll be in canada next week so I'll be back at it the following week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts