Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked the whole lake from 4:45 - 6pm. Mixed clouds and sun; temps in the upper 30's, light NW winds. Used all spoons and inline spinners. Skunked.

There were many more people there than on Saturday. Witnessed 3 fish caught, all I think on waxies under slip bobbers. A few people had fish but they had been there for hours. LOTS of empty stringers so I don't feel do bad.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
i threw an inline spinner towards the middle of the lake at Axehead and caught on weeds right on the surface. might have to do a bass outing there.

sculpin told me he saw a guy catch a very big pike and kept it on opening day at axehead. i know he has every right but it makes me sad. all them trout in there and he has to keep the apex fish in that lake. :cry:

·
Registered
401 Posts
well ya figure if the trout start to not have a predator besides the anglers... the more chance for survival if not caught during the first few weeks of trout season.... which means bigger rainbows in there... wouldnt it be nice to have somewhere to fish for rainbows on a regular basis around here and have the prospect of catching 2-4 lbers? I agree though... I try as much as I can to not keep the big trophy fish... as those are the breeders. You also need to maintain some kind of balance at the lakes, and just a few of those big predator fish at the top of the food chain do that fairly easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.