Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished belleau for an hour or so after work today and got the skunk.

From 6-6:15 there were bass jumping like nuts on the north side of lake. The fish weren't going for my buzzbait or floating/jointed rapala so I decided to give a Cicada a try :D . I tied a #6 hook on and found a big juicy cicada on a tree. I was having problems casting out the new bait out because it was so darn light. When I finally did get it far enough I quickly became bored as hell just sitting there watching and decided to give a spinner a try.

I was hoping to report that I caught a fish on a cicada but I failed. Next time I will bring 2 poles with so I don't get bored of watching the struggling little critter.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I tried my cicada topwater lure tonight at the pond and only had one bass strike it. I think that the real thing will work better. Thanks for the report Sean.

·
Registered
702 Posts
we drove through the older parts of des plaines today and heard and saw all the cicadas. by us and opeka, none. not a one! can't hardly believe it but we must be in a 'cicada free' zone or something.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
One word "Shad"...They seem to be on shallow shad bite. there are many shad close to shore and I saw a few bass 'race' to the shore and pick off a lone shad. Slugo's and (shad) jerk bait were working well last weekend.

I was working a tripple slugo and one bass.... darted out from just off the rock line and missed it then came back 'hard' and missed it again...'TWICE' The one bass I did catch on the slugo rig just killed it!!!

Even the bluegill were interested in the slugo's....Then you know your "on it" :wink:

If the bluegill are feeding so are the bigger fish..If the bluegill are not hitting 'anything' time to pack it in and go golfing....LOL

Been a pattern "with in" a pattern at the WWD and all spring :shock:

I know it's going to be a very
slow day when the pan fish arn't hitting/feeding......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.