Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rudy and I hit up Belleau for a few hours, as it was the only local lake with safe ice. We turned the lake to swiss chesse and never marked a fish on the vex :oops:. It was the first time that I ice fished over 30 plus feet of water which was a new experience. The only action we saw came from a quick nibble I got at the far north end.

Ice ranged from 6-10 inches: only problem was that we couldn't find any fish.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The rocky structure of Belleau is awesome. I've always done really well with square lipped crankbaits, and pop r. I saw a giant bass in there trying to swallow a trout. 2 years ago in the spring. That thing had to be 8 lbs. I tried a swimbait there last year and got nothing. I'll try the swimbait again this year.

918 Posts
Big Bass Lee said:
The rocky structure of Belleau is awesome. I've always done really well with square lipped crankbaits, and pop r. I saw a giant bass in there trying to swallow a trout. 2 years ago in the spring. That thing had to be 8 lbs. I tried a swimbait there last year and got nothing. I'll try the swimbait again this year.
8 lbs?.... :shock: wow..I've caught some 2 pounders outta there...but that is just sick dude...where was he in the lake? if ya dont mind...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I had high hopes going there, with all the panfish and bass seen in the summer.

I talked with a few guys while there that weekend, and one guy said he had caught his biggest lmb out of there at 23".

Also got a report from a guy by the lot that said he marked a large fallen tree in 20ft on the western shore, and it held crappie and lmb.

All heresay, but interesting anyway.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Whats the catch..Ron'chi? said:
Big Bass Lee said:
8 lbs?.... :shock: wow..I've caught some 2 pounders outta there...but that is just sick dude...where was he in the lake? if ya dont mind...
He was on the north east side of the lake by the sign. I've caught a lot of big ones out of there. Bigger than 2 lbs. They come out of no where for the Rebel Pop R. I shave the lower lip a bit and make sure I have one of my custom Chicken Feather round bend Katsuage trebles on the back and a Gamakatsu ewg on the front. It makes a difference with the barbs on the outside. Or I kill em in the spring on Luhr Jensen speed trap in a red craw color. There are some 3 to 5 lbers. In the summer I get them on a Football jig in Missouri Craw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.