Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 6:35pm-8:00pm; temps in the low-mid 80's; very humid; overcast. Worked a variety of soft plastics all around the lake.

Saw a few small bass cruising the shoreline but the were just not interested in anything I threw.

Picked Belleau tonight hoping to get the skunk off with even a small bass but it was not to be. Taking a couple days off fishing to re-group. 4 skunks in a row is mighty embarrassing - but it's part of the game (as I type this i'm filled with curse words!!!!!!!). But hey, another nice summer evening (again, more curse words!!!).

Oh... I did catch a fish though...

:oops: :shock: :x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't be discouraged. Any fish caught beats no fish caught. With temps up these are the dog days.

I was at Silver Lake in Warrenville yesterday and we caught many fish all small. I saw a large bass (16") following my plastic worm and he gave a half hearted strike. If I had a senko (if they weren't $7)....

Congrats on the fish.

Glen

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Haust, try Yum Dingers in stead of Senkos. Less expensive and they hold up a lot better. Senkos are, in my opinion, one fish wonders. Yum Dingers on the other hand, work just as well and will catch more than one fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.