Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, got out for a little bass action last night at the harbors...Fished 7 pm till about 1015pm. Managed alot of bites with very few hook ups...i think alot of it was Mr. Rock Bass! They seem to chase and hit any kinda bait you throw in there. Also saw some dudes fishing, and they actually let me approch...and i think they said they got into some largemouth action...they were cool guys.

I started off throwing a white, grey and red double willow blade spinnerbait...thought this would get me on some fish because the wind was blowing pretty good...i was wrong...had one follow from a green sun fish, i almost caught the sunfish he nipped and grabbed the skirt almost long enough to get flipped out of the water...it was pretty cool to see him even try to eat a bait 3 times it size....he had heart.

switched up to a med diving crank...crayfish orange colored...and managed to snag in to a big carp for about 3 seconds before my crank bait came flying out...thankful no one was behind me on the bike path or they might have a nice crank bait in their face.

Then wind settled down for a little while just before dark and i switched up to whats been working for me...green tube, texas rigged...lost my first two hook ups...then started gettin some fish...

Also picked up a rock bass, but no where near the size of the one in my last post...so no 15 seconds of fame for him :D
Nothing too great, but i had alot of fun... and i take it!

As always keep it real out there!

JayPee the HHF!

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Go further up jaypee for the smallies!! i havn't even fished that area in forever I'm fishing deeper the smallies are there, Nice ones too! I'll Be up there wed,thurs,fri,sat,sun Like usual let me know when u want to meet up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.