Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given all of the new and ridiculous live-bait and VHS laws in Wisconsin now, is the new GULP! Alive! bucket of leeches and minnows worth using?

Anyone have success with it?

Is the "formaldehyde" scent/liquid/juice in the bucket beneficial to other plastics if I want to use those enzymes on them?

Let me know. I'm already planning for my May season opener.

thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I like the stuff, its worked well for me. I was using the little worms that look like red worms and the maggots and the gills loved 'em!! plus they lasted alot longer than real live bait. I've since got alot more of a variety for this season. thumbs up from me.
Joe

·
Registered
139 Posts
DO NOT PUT OTHER PLASTICS IN THE JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will melt. There should be a warning on the packaging about this. I was told of this effect by a pro that was using them last year and decided to dip some powerbait in the juice and the bait essentially melted.

As far as it working i have used the minnows and they work well for walleye jigging. If you watch the new episode of the Next Bite on VS you can see the "new" twin tail presentation that is catching on in the walleye world.

Overall i like the Gulp Alive products, they have their time and place for me.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gutterball said:
They will melt. There should be a warning on the packaging about this.
Smart marketing! :lol:

I'll probably at least be giving the leeches a try. I'm getting sick of lugging leeches around in an iced cooler during the summer-months, and always reviving them with cold water.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
What Andrew is referring to is the new laws that Wisconsin enacted because of the VHS disease. Basically you can't take minnows with you when you leave a lake. You need to dump them. I know it's a bogus law, but they don't want to have VHS spread any worse than it already has.

·
Registered
139 Posts
After further research let me clarify a little on the melting thing. The older Gulp products are ok to put in the sauce. The issue it that Gulp isn't made out of a traditional plastic and the sauce is designed specifically for Gulp's propritary formula

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Yami tried them out in a local pond a few times in the Fall. He caught a few bass on them, but not too much different then what he was getting with standard plastics. The real test will be this spring when we put them side to side with the real thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.