Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Irony Strikes Again! I'm new to fishing, only been doing this for about a year. Got out to Beck today at about 2pm and fished untils 5:30. Within first half hour of being there using a red/white chatterbait, landed a 33" Northern Pike. This was my biggest and baddest fish I've ever caught since I started fishing. Didn't even know northerns were in there. It fought hard, made three drag peeling runs(man I love that sound) and one above surface attempt but finally was able to bring her in. Met a nice guy who helped me once I got her to the shore named kevin (says he browses this site periodically) I asked him jokingly to chime in to verify this fish as I forgot my friggin camera at home. Only time this year I forgot the camera. Go figure. Switched to green pumpkin senkos after that and landed a 14" LMB after that. Cast back out and got a strike within about 5 seconds of it being in the water, set the hook, wrestled a little and then lost another LMB in the heavy weeds. Missed one other hit a half hour later and then had no action until I left. All the action was between 2 - 3pm. The bright sun came out from behind the clouds after that and had me sweating and the fish sleeping.

Man I wish I had my camera.

Cest le Vie Guess I'll just have to go back there tommorow and catch her again for the photo op.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Brian... holy shit!!! A 33" northern pike from Beck!? As i've said/posted again and again... the northern are in there, but not common for the average fisherman.

Can we all kick your butt for not having a camera? :lol: :shock:

Well... I'll take your word for it. Great to have your aboard WCF, especially with a report like that. Good job, dude!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I had arrived at beck lake around noon and caught a couple nice bass but nothing to brag about.After I'd been there for about an hour Rainking47 arrived an began fishing next to me, like he said after a little bit he got a strike and hooked it and there went his drag sizzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!! i walked over and enjoyed the fight after the fish made its three runs he brought him in and i grabbed the monster i ran to my tackle box and grabbed my measureing tape like he said 33" it was awesome. SO YEA HE AINT LIEIN. HEY Rainking47 LET ME KNOW NEXT TIME UR GOING TO BECK LAKE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts