Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a boat, probably won't ever buy a boat, and don't know of too many places to rent a boat. Therefore most of my fishing ends up being from the shore of a lake or river. Since this place is a great source of fishing knowledge I thought I would tap into it and see what you all think are the best places to shore fish or places where you all have done well. I probably won't go too far from home so any places in the northern half of Cook County, anywhere in Lake County, and places in eastern McHenry County would be ideal. Thanks! :D

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
Not too familar with the area but I would recommend using Google Earth to scout of ponds in your area. Mchenry is particular has a ton of them. Lake County has Independance Grove and Sterling Lake. I have never fished either but the reports are always great, especially from IG. You could also hit up the harbors such as Waukegan or the ones downtown. Browns are always going off the piers at Waukegan and downtown should have some good perch action coming up. I am anticipating some perch reports being on the site soon. Get out there Augy :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.