Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I Like tossing dirty diapers with a huge treble HOOK!!! why ??

I read somewhere Salmon feed more by scent then originally thought...

And now I just sit here and wonder why the hell All I catch are Catfish with my dirty diaper.. :roll:

hmmmm......

Lesson here?

hell yea... Don't believe all you read online.

George

:arrow:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I like cleos, k.o.'s, crocs, DareDevil Cop-E-Kat, and an assortment of deep diving crank baits. The color always depends on what they seem to be hitting that particular night or morning. Green, or orange glow spoons are good starters usually for me, round or when fishing daylight, anything seems to be able to produce. I hear that just a rapala dt-4 can do some damage, though i havent tried it. I have also caught em on midsized rooster tails, rattle traps, j-13 rapalas. They really seem to hit almost anything, but you gotta figure out what they really want on the particular day your looking for em to increase your numbers of landed fish. But ya can't trust me i could be telling dirty diaper lures, jk.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone for the replys...yea I know what umean when u say the kings will bite anything as long as the conditions are right and they are really in feeding mode. Will try to pick up some more lures before the season starts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The "best" Salmon lures from shore are those you feel most confident using.

Early in the season you should throw glow spoons, K.O. Wobbler's, Cleo's, Kastmasters, or Kroc's. While you're out, observe those fisherman who are hooking up with fish. You may want to ask what are they using and how they are retrieving the lure. Some may actually be willing to provide valuable information.

As the season progresses, I suggest using a deep diving crankbait. Stickbaits seem to work best for me. Frenzy's, Husky Jerks etc. If you notice a lot of fish near the surface, you may want to try a Rapala J-13 or another floating crankbait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.