Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a new Casio watch. It has the things I need: time, stopwatch, alarms, and BEST TIMES TO FISH.

Now that I've programmed my watch for my Chicago location, it can check for future dates for best "moon times" for fishing.

So, for this weekend, Saturday didn't look good.

But according to my watch, Sunday is good.

4:25 AM has a 3 fish rating.
10:35 AM has a 4 fish rating (best possible).
4:50 PM has 3 fish rating.
11:00 PM has a 4 fish rating.

The watch's user manual does go on to say that non-included variables are barometric pressure, water/air temperatures, etc.

But Sunday should be good for fishing, from a lunar perspective.

But it's nice sitting in my office checking my watch for "fish ratings" based on the moon.

Happy Fishing this Weekend.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fishing Fanatic,

How was the fishing at 4:50 PM? 30 minutes either side should have been good.

But I'm not silly enough to believe that my watch predicts fishing success.

Years ago I purchased a fish finder that beeped whenever fish were detected. Didn't catch a fish for hours with that incessant beeping.

Finally my son Fritz said, "Dad, can we just turn off that thing?".

He was right. No fish finder, no watch, no temperature gauge, no lure color selector (don't know it's name, just know it selects lure colors for you), no lucky lure makes the fishing better.

All I know is that fisherman think all those things make them better fisherman. When the best way to catch fish is to get off the couch and get on the water.

Too bad about 4 PM on Sunday. Better luck next time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A Fisherman cattle owner was talking to someone about fishing.

"I only go fishing early in the morning if the cows are restless and moving about."

What do you do if the cows are just sleeping?

I kick them gently until they're restless and moving about. Then I go fishing."

No, my Casio doesn't look at the Farmer's Almanac. It's just a fun thing. Based on the exact longitude and latitude I entered, it predicts the best time to fish based on the moon.

For example, I think I may go fishing with my daughter over Father's Day weekend: either Saturday or Sunday. The watch easily predicts that far in the future which day is better to fish from a lunar perspective.

Having said that, I've never read a fishing report from the moon.

(I'm just having fun. If I can't fish, I can at least write about it.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.