Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am consistantly seeing a pattern. I seem to catch bigger fish when I am trolling away from the pack of boats. This brown I caught yesterday 9/6 came on a Watermelon spoon and was in 100 feet of water down about 65 down. I was the only boat there and caught all fish in this area. Fish shut off when other boats arrived. Something like 7 for 12. Brown was 15.3 pounds.

This king came when I was fishing with Gotfish. There was maybe one boat nearby, but not even close. It did shut off after more boats arrived. King 23 pounds plus.

·
Registered
20 Posts
13 lb brown...Nice fish no big deal. And comparing the size of the browns to those of the salmon makes one question about your "big fish" pattern.

Though I'm sure many appreciate your trolling tips I cannot think of a more boring way to fish.

It's a pitty they haven't designed an electric winch that would trigger upon hookup that could totally eliminate the fisherman from the equation. Now that would even heighten the fun as you would even have less effort to put in.

Trolling, fishing with spawn....Have you tried setting up some trot lines? Seems like it would be activity that you might enjoy....Perhaps you could pay the neighbor kid to gather up all of your fish in the morning and he can even take the pic of you holding up all of the fish that "you" caught.

Word.

The Notorious P.O.T.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My misprint. 15.3. But with a comment from a guy like you that has been banned from other sites, I doubt you being legit. As for paying the kid, why don't I take that money and use it to bet I will catch more fish with spawn than you. That's right, you don't fish "spannnnnnnn"! I know who you are and you are a fool. Tough guy that hides behind a computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grow up bud, as the only bud you have is the one you smoke. :wink:

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
I'm extremely liberal with what I allow on this site. But I have to agree with Joel that the comments in the post were really not necessary, POT. This site is to help people learn and enjoy the sport of fishing. If people dig trolling and catch fine fish like that, awesome!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
joelreiser said:
Legend075 said:
That is one short stocky, fat, Brown :shock:. Well done Joel!
Someone said that fish get length with age. So being short and fat, does that mean this fish is young? The bones were like round tooth picks.
Maybe but I know the pig was eating good :D. So whe we going out again :roll: :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.