Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, it has been a while. Hope everyone is doing well. Thought I’d share the beautiful 15.5” perch Goby Jr. caught yesterday fishing a large pond / small lake on a jointed rapala in perch color (cannibal).

Fish Grass Salmon-like fish Recreational fishing Tail

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
From the 'Believe it or not file' the biggest perch I ever caught was when I was paddling a surf board just off the sand at Greenleaf beach in '67 or ' 68. I looked down & there was a monster perch right under me. Reached down & flipped it up on the beach! Freaked out the other lifeguards. Threw it back years before C&R came into vogue.

Reactions: ganz1960

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Awesome size and great colors. Looks like something you'd find in Lake Gogebic in the UP. Good to see the kid outfishing the old man again. ;)

I looked down & there was a monster perch right under me. Reached down & flipped it up on the beach! Freaked out the other lifeguards. Threw it back years before C&R came into vogue.
Smart move tossing it back and not eating it. That fish was poisoned, retarded or on death's door from some other cause. You are what you eat... I won't eat the LM perch with tumors on them, not even the ones with common eye tumors.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Not sure it even occured to me to eat it although 10 years earlier my older brother, dad & I went perch fishing on LM regularly & always ate our catches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.