Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still new at this posting thing so sorry my reports a little late.

Went to silver lake from about 945am to 2pm on Saturday and tried wax worms and small fat heads. Got nothin'. I then switched to a purple Rapala Glass shad rap and got this pike in the weeds. Even though I was fishing for trout most of the day, at least I got this little guy.

In total, I only saw 3 trout pulled out in a span of six hours. All on medium fat heads with a slip bobber about 4.5 feet down. They were all off the dock by the boat rentals.

p.s. sorry for the crap pics but I was by myself and only had my phone. Oh and yes that is a pink fishing pole!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jim bohman said:
Congrats on the pike ! that pink pole worked just fine on the pike
so must be just fine . 8) Where is Silver Lake ? I've heard of it but never
been been there
I caught it on a different pole but thanks!

Silver Lake is off Route 56 (Butterfield Rd) in Warrenville which is right next to Naperville. There are two different lakes in the same vicinity and I'm not sure of the others name.

From the Blackwell Forest Preserve website, "The 62-acre Silver Lake is a hot fishing spot that features bluegill, catfish, crappie, largemouth bass, northern pike, rainbow trout and walleye."

No one better come snatching up my spots! :evil: :D

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
This is a tough lake... Full of 10-12 inch bass... Caught a 30 inch northern off a main lake point in 22 feet of water around 4th of July but other than that, this lake has been a huge disappointment the last couple of years... Pike caught on a Medium Roach...
Thick sticky weeds in the south part of the lake make it tough to fish in the summer too... Worth a look for the trout but that is about it for me... - BPM

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Welcome to the site....nice pike. I hear that, if ya put in the time to figure it out there are some nice panfish to be had thru the ice out there. Maybe your fishing season will expand thru the winter.

Keep the posts coming!

JB

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm thinking about but have never ice fished before so I'm a little apprehensive. What are some necessities I'll need in order to succeed at ice fishing and just plain get through the ice?

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.